Enrolling at Bethal Primary School.
To start primary school your child will need to turn five years of age by 30th April of the year that they start school. Your child must be at school in the year that they turn six years of age - this is the compulsory school starting age.
We are keen to assist parents with the enrolment process and forms can be completed at school with the help of an interpreter if you choose.
When to enrol
You can enroll your child at any time during the year. This is particularly helpful if you are moving to a new area, interstate or from overseas once you have a residential address in Victoria. Enrolment is made directly with the school.
At Bethal PS we start taking enrolments as early as April the year before your child is due to start school.
HOW TO ENROL
To enroll your child at Bethal PS you will need to fill out an enrolment form at the school and provide the school with important information about your child, including:
- evidence of your child’s date of birth (if they were not born in Australia, a passport or travel document such as a visa)
- your contact, phone and address details, and that of any other parent, guardian and/or carer
- documentation regarding any custody issues
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- doctor’s names and phone numbers
- Immunisation Status Certificate
- health and welfare information including Medicare card
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears at home
Take a virtual tour of Bethal Primary school @ www.bethalps.vic.edu.au
Or ring and make an appointment for a tour with our principal Teresa DeMercurio on 9309 7626
Our Prep transition program is run in term 4. Children are invited to visit the school and see their new environment, meet the teachers and see the classrooms prior to the first day of school.
We encourage you to attend these orientation days with your child so that you also can familiarise yourself with the school and its environment.